www.Gamerpro.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.Gamerpro.com

Welcome to GamerPro!

HomeLatest imagesDonateRegisterLog in
MW2!!
Affiliates
free forumFacebookSupport Forumotion on Facebook

Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Affiliates!
Ulitamte shotgun guide Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:23 pm by XxGAMBLExX

» Guest Posts?
Ulitamte shotgun guide Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:37 pm by XxGAMBLExX

» Yo
Ulitamte shotgun guide Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:35 pm by XxGAMBLExX

» What up
Ulitamte shotgun guide Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:28 pm by XxGAMBLExX

» Anyone else got this?
Ulitamte shotgun guide Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:46 am by XxGAMBLExX

» hey somebody wanna make a tag name
Ulitamte shotgun guide Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:43 am by XxGAMBLExX

» Is this site dying
Ulitamte shotgun guide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 2:12 pm by XxGAMBLExX

» Donate
Ulitamte shotgun guide Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 3:46 pm by XxDarkOwnagexX

» BEST CLASSIC GAMES
Ulitamte shotgun guide Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:11 pm by XxGAMBLExX

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
XxDarkOwnagexX
Ulitamte shotgun guide Vote_lcapUlitamte shotgun guide Voting_barUlitamte shotgun guide Vote_rcap 
XxGAMBLExX
Ulitamte shotgun guide Vote_lcapUlitamte shotgun guide Voting_barUlitamte shotgun guide Vote_rcap 
Affiliates
free forumFacebookSupport Forumotion on Facebook

Ulitamte shotgun guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
XxGAMBLExX
Admin
XxGAMBLExX

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Ulitamte shotgun guide Empty
PostSubject: Ulitamte shotgun guide   Ulitamte shotgun guide Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 4:26 pm

The Shotgun

Skills needed for a Shotgunner
Patience
Dedication
Quick Reflexes
Ability to hip-fire
The ability to hide
Knowledge of the maps
Ability to pick your targets
Sniper Evasion

Patience
A skill needed by nearly every player. Sometimes you may get on a bad streak but wait and stick at it an eventually your luck will turn. The minute you lose your patience and attempt rambo you might aswell stick a sign to your head that says "kill me".

Dedication
Dont expect to become the worlds greatest shotgunner in ten minutes, shotgunning is a difficult skill and takes time and a huge amount of effort to become very good.

Quick Reflexes
People could pop out at any time, a general rule on call of duty is the first person to see the other guy wins. The enemy may not know you are there, it will take one or maybe to shots to kill him so always be alert.

Ability to Hip-Fire
By the time you down your non-existant sights you will be dead, thats why hip-fire is so important. Get used to firing from the hip and fight off the urge to use your sights. Try setting up a private match with a friend running into a building and without thinking hip-fire and kill them.

Ability to Hide
At some stage you will be chased by enemies and you will need to find somewhere to hide or lay low when you know that a group of people are nearby. Thats why it is crucial to learn the spots where people tend NOT to look, dont go into the obvious places just try and learn where people tend not to look at.

Knowledge of the maps
I cant stress how important it is to learn the maps off by heart. I mean every corner, nook and cranny you must learn where it is and where people hide so you can navigate maps and hunt people down effectively.

Ability to pick your targetThis may sound odd but you must learn who to target. If your recon plane shows 4 players in a building give then a wide bearth as it is suicide taking on too many enemies at one.

Sniper EvasionThe main drawback in sniping is your in-ability to fire back at a distance, learn the sniper spots and the blind spots, if you have to move through open ground where a sniper is looking try throwing a smoke grenade into space and make a mad dash for it, or if they havent spotted you you can throw a tabun gas/signal flare at them.

Types of Shotgunner

Aggressive

When you are an aggressive shotgunner the Recon Plane will be your best freind as it will give you vital intelligance on enemy locations and where you can flank them.
If the enemy doesnt know your there then your life is a whole lot easier and you can line up the shot for an instant kill, it becomes much harder if they turn around and see you. Try not to reveal yourself to them and randomly fire, it could cost your dearly.
Stick to buildings where it is strictly CQC, where you have the edge.
Since you will be moving around alot you will at some point have to cross open areas, if so take out your pistol and make your way across quickly diving into cover when ever possible. If you see a weapon on the floor grab it as you will be able to defend yourself at medium range. If you find a sniper on the floor you should be glad, even if its out of ammo. Looking through the scope allows you to look ahead for ambushes or see enemy sniping positions.
If your freinds are playing in your match too, make sure you stay close together and stay in contact via head-sets. Walk around with him leading and you covering the sides and back, The enemy will most likely shoot at him first alerting you and giving you an idea of the enemys location.

Classes
I am only going to list two classes because later in my guide there is a section on how to create a class to your liking... On both classes i am leaving chosing the Primary, Special and Tank Perk up to you as it is down to personal preference.

Trench Gun
.357 Magnum
Your Choice
Juggernaut
Steady Aim

Double Barreled Shotgun
.357 Magnum
Your Choice
Juggernaut
Steady Aim

Defensive

In my opinion being a defensive shotgunner is the easiest of the three styles, just sit back and the baddies come to you, litterally lining up to be shot.

Defensive shotgunners are mainly used for objective based games like War and Sabotage. As a Defensive shotgunner you will be defending a building or objective.

Find a hiding place where you are covered by foilage or scenery, make sure you are still in range of the area you are defending.
Let them come to you, do not reveal your position.
If you can try and aim up at the sky immediately after killing the baddie so that if they watch the kill cam they cant get revenge and hunt you down easily.
Change position every few kills, if you stay in the same place too long people will catch on and figure out your little hidey hole.
If the location you are defending is accessable by more than one route try and either find a spot that covers both routes or crouch down and check both routes.
It is helpful if you have freinds because if big groups attack your defensive position you are well and truely doomed.

Classes
Same as last time the Tank Perk, Special and Primary grenades have been left off. If you want to learn to custom build your own classes read on later in the guide.

Trench Gun w/ Bayonet
.357 Magnum
Bouncing Betties
Gas Mask
Steady Aim

Double Barreled Shotgun
.357 Magnum
Bouncing Betties
Sleight of Hand
Steady Aim

Ghosty Toasty (Stealth)

Ghosting is quite difficult but in my opion not as difficult as aggressive shotgunning which requires you to be revealed to the enemy. Ghosting basicly means you must move around undetected.

Do not expect to get the most kills, you deaths will be very low though. Your role is to get the important kills for your team, like taking out the sniper covering the bomb in sabotage or killing the MG`er mowing down ranks of your teammates.

Do not random fire, your prescense must not be detected.
Flank the enemy, get behind enemy lines without them knowing.
Advoid unwanted enemy contact just lie low if a big group is passing.
Make sure no teammates are following you, you must work independantly and stealthily.
Take out bouncing betties with you pistol, dont push your luck and run over them.
Stick to the shadows, World at War is a very dark game (i mean the lighting). Going prone in the shadows will hopefully make you unnoticable to a walking past enemy.
Learn to "play dead" go prone and repeatedly press your weapon switch button, from other players it will seem that you are dead. Doing this in thick grass or in a pile of dead bodies is very effective.

Classes
Like before the Tank perk, Special and Primary grenades have been left off.

Trench Gun w/ Bayonet
.357 Magnum
Bandolier
Camofluage
Reconnisance

Double Barreled Shotgun
.357 Magnum
Bandolier
Camofluage
Reconnisance

Maps
Here are the maps to play and not to play on with attached reasons.

Airfield: 90% of the time it is long/medium range combat, you could stick to the tunnels and buildings but i advise not to.

Asylum: Lots of close-range combat, just advoid long coridoors and you should be fine.

Castle: Lots of snipers and Rifle peeps it may work if you stick to hiding in buildings and flanking but i dont advise it.

Courtyard: Tight pack CQC action. Let the enemies come to you, dont hunt them down.

Cliffside: Full of snipers. Just dont...

Dome: Plenty of CQC, dont run in rambo style, try to flank and sneak around.

Downfall: Horrible map, full of tanks and riflemen eager to take you out.

Hangar: If you guard try not to go outside much it will work but only for the skillful players, not noobs new players.

Makin: Lots of close-quater action, stay to the shadows and be wary of snipers though.

Outskirts: Lots of Medium combat and sniper places. If you flank and stick to closely built parts you will be alright.

Roundhouse: Sniper and Tank infested.

Seelow: Sniper and Tank infested.

DBS vs Trenchy

Trench Gun
Pros

High Power
Higher ammo capacity
Reloads single bullet

Cons
Pump-Action
Long Reload Time

Double-Barreled Shotgun
Pros

Semi-Auto
Seemingly longer range
Quick reload
Higher Power than Trenchy

Cons

Two bullet clip

How to build a class

Choosing your weapon
It is important you have a weapon you are comfortable with. I reccomend you try both of them out and see which one you like the best.

Choosing your pistol
Again, try them out see which you prefer.

Choosing your Primary and Special Grenades
Primary: Each is good for something different. Frags for tossing quite a distance, Stickies for anti-tank and molotovs for CQC.

Special: Which do you think you will use the most, Tabun? Smoke? Flare?

Choosing your Perk 1
Firstly what is your play style. Taking that into account which do you like the most, are most effective with or think you will use alot.

Choosing your Perk 2
Depends on your weapon mostly, Do you use the DBS? If so some like to use Sleight of Hand (i dont personally) or do you think you will benefit from extra health or are you playing as a ghost and in need of camoflauge? you get the idea.

Choosing your Perk 3
Depends on your abilty, do you think you will need extra hip-fire accuracy? will you need to have extra sprint time?

Choosing your Tank Perk
Its all down to how you use your tank, as a Weapon or as transport?

I hope you enjoyed me guide, +rep me if you liked it and/or found it helpful
Back to top Go down
http://leetstreet.info

Ulitamte shotgun guide
Page 1 of 1